Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Welcome to The Treehouse Gang!
A site for YA readers and writers of all ages!

Four Americans and an Aussie of all different ages and experience are coming to tell you about anything and everything YA! And best of all, The Treehouse Gang is an interactive blog. We want YOU to get involved!

Here’s how it works. Every month we’ll have a different genre theme. Within the month there will be a different category of discussion for each week. Though the genre will change every month, the set up for each week will stay the same.

Week 1: Pitches
Week 2: Short Stories
Week 3: First Chapters
Week 4: Excerpts

We want YOU to submit your work to us, according to the month’s genre and the week's theme. For example, our launch month of February is paranormal, so you'll want to submit your paranormal novel’s pitch, that corresponds with the first week of February. You don’t write paranormal? Don’t sweat it! Each month we’ll have a new genre, so we’ll be sure to get to your genre eventually!

You can start to submit your theme specific work that Sunday and no later than Thursday. Please check the sidebar for submission format. Send your piece to YATreehouseGang (at) aol (dot) com. As a rule, your submitted piece can be no longer than 2,500 words. If it’s over the word limit, get in touch with a gang member. There are exceptions! We will pick a submitted piece at random and feature it in the blog on Saturday. If you don’t write that month’s genre, you can still get involved by commenting your critique on the featured piece. We will pick the best critiques and feature them on The Gang’s Review Sunday, along with our critiques.

Along with the submission reviews, there will be features such as Pitch Sessions, Tip and Tricks, and Book Reviews. Those of us who have writing experience in the genre will share, and there will even be monthly giveaways.

Mostly, we want this blog to be for YOU. So look around the site. Check out the Meet the Gang page, where you can read brief bios on all the members. There’s going to be a lot going on on this site, so be sure to check the calendar for information on the day-to-day posts. Have questions? Click here.

We’re all so excited for this site and want it to be great, but it can’t be without your involvement!
So stay tuned, as there is much more to come!

8 comments:

Brooke said...

This is amazing! Great designs! I'm so excited to get involved, this site is going to be fantastic!

Kristy said...

I completely agree with Brookie. This is going to be really awesome; was this blog all started by teens/kids or adults? I can't wait!! Though let me warn you-- sometimes I won't come back to my blog for about 3 weeks or even a month, and then I'll have a ton of catching up to do. So don't worry if I don't seem as involved as other readers and writers.

This blog is so great, I'm going to recommend it to my English teacher!! =D

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much Kristen! The blog was actually started by teens and a couple of adults.
Look forward to seeing you back!

Evie Jay said...

Yes, thank you SO much, Kristen! :D

Paige Woiner said...

AAHH! This blog is so cool! I can't wait for you guys to post more! I only have written one paranormal story and it's not too great, so I'm gunna wait to see what your next genre is :)
This blog is gunna be a big help to so many people!
Can't wait!
Paige :)

Munch said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Munch said...

Whoops. Had to delete the other comment, I forgot a few words.
I am super excited for February! I can't wait to read the paranormal stories, though I don't write paranormal myself. I can't wait!

Evie Jay said...

Yay! :D So glad you're excited! :D